How to seek healing from Daddy Issues
To conclude, I want you to remember the gist of this post. These are some practical ways that the Lord will heal you
- Identify the Problem & Repent: David came to this conclusion when He asked God to create in Him a clean heart. Psalm 51:10–19. This becomes the first step if you relate with this post and you are sure your issue originates from a void of not having a father or mother in your life. Or if you have an underlying issue at hand. If you do not know what your issues are, then skip this and go to step two where God will reveal it to you. This stage will prepare your heart, mind, and soul for you to receive and submit to God.
- Seek God: Invite the Lord in that particular situation. Praise is a great way we usher God into every aspect of our lives. Psalm 100 is a great place to start. God, I praise you, and I invite you into this “ void my dad or my mom left in my life and the issues it has caused in my life”. No matter what happens in our lives seeking the Lord, and finding what He is saying about the situation is key. What does He think, what His word says about this matter? “But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33”.
- Pursue the healing you need: What are the practical steps you are willing to take in dealing with this situation(praying for your dad, reading the word etc). Ths scripture Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advise. Let the Lord lead, you might feel lead to talk to your pastor in your local church, a mentor, talk to a counselor, a life coach but seek counsel and embark on a journey of healing.
- Stop blaming the people around you: It is easy to blame everyone else but you. Stop blaming your mom, dad, uncle, and the happenings. Take accounts and responsibility for your personal fault in the situation. It happened, pursue who to fix it. The Parable of the Lost Son in Luke 15:11–32 it’s a great story to see God heal a relationship between a father and a son. However, it was easy because the son recognized the role he played in the issues with their relationship. Once he realized he went home and pursued his father asking for mercy. I understand everyone’s dynamic situation varies.
- Get to the root of the issue: According to this scripture Mark 11:20–21 the fig tree withered from the root. This problem can only be solved by going to the root. Do some investigation, get to the bottom of the situation. Ask questions about what happened, why, who was directly involved, etc.
- Let the Lord give you the strategy: The lord needs to lead you so that your feeling and emotion doesn’t lead you. Getting Godly counsel will solve this problem or like we discussed earlier the word of God is a great place to find all you need. Give yourself time to heal and be ready then approach if necessary. Another factor is if you follow the Lord’s strategy He will be working on the other person’s heart before you even get to approach them if you have to approach them.
- Get the closure needed: Manage your expectations by keeping in mind that as you seek to heal and resolve things some relationships might not get the closure you seek and need. You need to understand that this is a personal journey and a personal path you have decided to embark on so be gracious. Keep in mind you do not need closure from everyone. As Christians most of the time we carry this burden of getting things squared out and becoming friends or maintaining some sort of relationship with everyone. I understand in the situation of a parent you want some kind of relationship because it is family. However, if it’s toxic and unhealthy you might have to cut your losses and move on, knowing that you have tried. Be open to giving them time to get to this place. In the main time, you might have to be a “neighbor” according to Mark 12:13 “The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”